Join us on this special beginners’ bird identification course!
Following last year’s hugely enjoyable programme, we’ve organised another bird identification course for 2017.
We’ll show you the basics of how to best observe birds, share hints and tips on how to recognize the main groups of birds and give you recommendations on which equipment and books to use.
Throughout the course, you’ll get to know like-minded people with whom you’ll be able to share your interest and develop your knowledge further.
As last year, Tim Earl will be the course leader, supported by Manx BirdLife and members of the MOS.
Combining classroom and field activities
The course starts on Thursday, 4th May and comprises three Thursday evening classroom-based sessions (7.00-9.00pm approx.) and three Sunday morning outdoor sessions at Manx hot spots for birdwatching. (Please note that field trips are subject to weather conditions so some flexibility is required.)
- Evening class 1: Thursday 4th May 7.00pm, St Andrew’s Hall, Douglas (nr St Ninian’s)
- Field trip 1: Sunday 7th May – time and location to be decided
- Evening class 2: Thursday 11th May 7.00pm, St Andrew’s Hall, Douglas (nr St Ninian’s)
- Field trip 2: Sunday 14th May – time and location to be decided
- Evening class 3: Thursday 18th May 7.00pm, St Andrew’s Hall, Douglas (nr St Ninian’s)
- Field trip 3: Sunday 21st May – time and location to be decided
Course fees and booking
The course fee is £35.00 per person (including all classes and field trips). Proceeds will be donated to Manx BirdLife. Places are strictly limited to 15 people, so please book early to avoid disappointment!
To reserve your place or for further details, please call Michelle Storton on 01624 861130 email michelle | at | manxbirdlife | dot | im.