Manx BirdLife is seeking an experienced Reserve (Site) Manager with proven expertise in gravel pit restoration and site management to develop the charity's flagship new nature reserve at the Isle of Man’s famous Point of Ayre.
Contract: Initial two-year contract
Based: Isle of Man
Expressions of interest: by 31 July 2020
Role commencing: As soon as possible
Initially comprising 105 acres, the reserve has potential to grow to 400+ acres as quarrying concludes in further areas across the site. The mix of large areas of open freshwater, dry scrub and heathland is unique within the Isle of Man, attracting a similarly unique assemblage of fauna and flora.
Joining us as Reserve (Site) Manager at this early stage of this long-term project gives you every opportunity to make your mark on the reserve’s goals and design. You will be responsible for all aspects of reserve development, management, monitoring and improvement.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Principles of quarry restoration and management for nature
- Business management including finance, contracts, planning and projects, suppliers
- Environmental health and safety, risk assessment
- Supporter, visitor, volunteer and public relations
- Proven record of reserve/site management especially quarry/gravel pit restoration
- Applications for planning and related permissions, dealing with regulatory authorities
- Visitor management and infrastructure
A relevant qualification in ecology, environmental management or other qualification appropriate to the role is required.
For more information
For an informal conversation, please email Neil Morris, Managing Director in the first instance at 'neil | at | manxbirdlife | dot | im'.
Firm expressions of interest are invited up to and including Friday 31 July 2020.