Following last year’s hugely enjoyable Autumn programme - and once more in conjunction with the Manx Ornithological Society - we’re holding a spring bird identification course starting on 26th April 2018.
You’ll be able to learn the basics of how best to find and observe birds, get hints and tips on how to recognize the main groups of birds and get recommendations on which equipment and books to use. Throughout the course you’ll be in the company of like-minded people with whom you’ll be able to share your interest and develop your knowledge further.
Tim Earl will be the course leader, supported by Manx BirdLife and members of the MOS. Starting on Thursday 26th April, the course comprises three evening classroom-based sessions (7.00-9.00pm approx.) and three Sunday morning outdoor sessions at Manx hot spots for birdwatching (though please note that field trips are subject to weather conditions so some flexibility is required):
- Thu 26th April 7.00pm evening class, St. John’s Methodist Church Hall
- Sun 29th April 7.00am field trip – time and location to be decided with the group
- Thu 3rd May 7.00pm evening class, St. John’s Methodist Church Hall
- Sun 6th May 7.00am field trip – time and location to be decided with the group
- Thu 10th May 7.00pm evening class, St. John’s Methodist Church Hall
- Sun 13th May 7.00am field trip – time and location to be decided with the group
The course fee is £35.00 per person (including all classes and field trips). Proceeds will be donated to Manx BirdLife. Places are strictly limited to 20 people, so please book early to avoid disappointment!
To reserve your place, please email 'jthompson at manx dot net'. Course fees are payable by cheque (to Manx BirdLife) or via bank transfer to:
- Account Name: Manx BirdLife
- Account Number: 40817279
- Sort Code: 20-26-74
- Reference: Bird ID Apr 2018
We look forward to seeing you!