Crikey! We’re already fully booked, but please do get in contact if you’d like to be put on the waiting list and/or would like to be sent details of the next course when these are first available.
Join us on this special beginners’ bird identification course.
Following this year’s hugely enjoyable Spring programme, we’ve organised an Autumn bird identification course, starting 31 August 2017.
We’ll show you the basics of how to best observe birds, share hints and tips on how to recognize the main groups of birds and give you recommendations on which equipment and books to use.
Throughout the course you’ll get to know like-minded people with whom you’ll be able to share your interest and develop your knowledge further.
Tim Earl will be the course leader, supported by Manx BirdLife and members of the MOS, starting on Thursday 31st August and comprising three evening classroom-based sessions (7.00-9.00pm approx.) and three Sunday morning outdoor sessions at Manx hot spots for birdwatching. (Please note that field trips are subject to weather conditions so some flexibility is required.):
- Thursday 31 Aug 7.00pm evening class, St Andrew’s Hall, Douglas (nr St Ninian’s)
- Sunday 03 Sep 7.00am field trip – time and location to be decided
- Thursday 07 Sep 7.00pm evening class, St Andrew’s Hall, Douglas (nr St Ninian’s)
- Sunday 10 Sep 7.00am field trip – time and location to be decided
- Sunday 24 Sep 7.00am field trip – time and location to be decided
- Thursday 28 Sep 7.00pm evening class, St Andrew’s Hall, Douglas (nr St Ninian’s)
To reserve your place
Contact Janet Thompson, Cott ny Greiney, Beach Road, Port St Mary IM9 5NF or email email@example.com.
Course fees are payable by cheque (to Manx BirdLife) or via bank transfer to:
Account Name: Manx BirdLife, Account Number: 40817279, Sort Code: 20-26-74, Reference: Bird ID Course
The course fee is £35.00 per person (including all classes and field trips). Proceeds will be donated to Manx BirdLife. Places are strictly limited to 15 people, so please book early to avoid disappointment!
We look forward to seeing you!