Closing date for initial applications: Friday, 24th March 2023
Manx BirdLife is seeking a proven, highly motivated manager with a professional background in ecology, a track record in nature conservation and an expertise in ornithology. It’s an exciting opportunity to manage and develop this small but effective conservation body.
As COO, you'll be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the charity:
- Championing and delivering the organisation’s charitable objectives;
- Leading and developing the team;
- Managing the business;
- Reporting directly to the Board on all matters.
- Oversee planning and delivery of our Education Programme and Point of Ayre National Reserve;
- Be responsible for fundraising, financial control, programme planning, research and monitoring, data and database administration, environmental and planning consultation;
- Act as principal point of liaison with Government officials/politicians, as well our partners, sponsors, suppliers and the media; and as our ambassador to the Island’s community;
- Be the responsible officer for health & safety, data protection, safeguarding and compliance.
What we expect you to bring
- The persona to sell the vision of a diverse and secure Manx avifauna;
- Experience of business management, ideally in the not-for-profit sector including fundraising and volunteer management;
- Ecological skills, especially ornithological expertise;
- Ability to nurture a small but effective team;
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with an aptitude to get involved in practical implementation;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills;
- Proven experience of database management;
- Working knowledge of health & safety, data protection, safeguarding, charity & business compliance;
- Ability to work under own initiative whilst supporting the team;
- Flexibility to work evenings/weekends as required (taking TOIL as appropriate);
- Your own transport for travelling to meetings and outdoor sites.
- We’ll expect you to share our vision of a thriving Manx avifauna and its benefits to the Island’s community and visitors.
- We’ll expect you to challenge the status quo, while upholding the highest professional standards and striving for tangible and sustainable results.
- Full-time, permanent role (with six-month probationary period);
- Salary from £40,000 p.a., subject to qualifications/experience.
Please email in confidence a summary CV, with covering letter explaining your interest in this role, to 'enquiries | at | manxbirdlife.im' marked for 'Attn Mr William Edward Teare'.
The closing date for initial expressions of interest is Friday 24th March 2023. The dates currently on hold for first interviews are 28th, 29th, 30th March and 3rd, 4th April 2023.