Submit your sightings
16 May 2020: THANK YOU for your continued sightings during these difficult times. If you are outdoors, please ensure you are complying with the national guidelines as frequently updated by the Isle of Man Government. Keep yourself and others safe.
Whether you are resident or a visitor to the Isle of Man, we welcome your bird reports. Please read the following notes:
- Location not listed: If you cannot find your location named in the 'Location' dropdown list, select "Unlisted" (type "unl" to find this), then enter the six-figure grid reference for your location in the 'Grid ref' field, then name your location in the 'Details' field. (There are already 2,600 locations listed. Over time, we'll add more in response to the new locations you describe and grid references you give.) Tip: www.GridReferenceFinder.com is a useful tool for getting grid references. Read more about how locations and grid references are compiled.
- Species not listed: Select "Unlisted" (type "unl" to find this) in the 'Species' dropdown list and state species name in the 'Details' field.
- Species asterisk*: An asterisk is shown after the names of scarce and rare species/sub-species for which a written description is required by the Manx Bird Records Committee.
- Sensitive records: (e.g. in a private location) Tick the 'Do not display record on noticeboard' checkbox to ensure confidentiality.
- Feedback: Queries? Suggestions? Errors? Corrections? Want a new location added? Please email 'observations[at]manxbirdlife[dot]im'. Thank you.
Rare/scarce breeding birds: Please submit these but note that records of 'sensitive' breeding birds during the nesting season will not be published in the public noticeboard. Find out which species are sensitive and when.
Bold Consultancy Ltd, Isle of Man, Tesco Bags of Help, Garry Curtis, David Dunn, Natalie Garrett, Wendy Gawne, Pete Hadfield, Anne Kaye, Chris Lo Bao, Allen Moore, Richard Norris, Carolyn Rawson, Richard Selman, Jenny Shanley, Chris Sharpe, Michelle Storton, Janet Thompson, John Thorpe, David Wright.