Submit your sightings
Whether you are resident or a visitor to the Isle of Man, we welcome your bird reports. Please read the following notes:
- Location not listed: If you cannot find your location in the dropdown list, select "Unlisted" (type "unl" to find this), then enter a six-figure grid reference in the 'Grid ref' field, then describe location in the 'Details' field. (There are already more than 2,600 locations listed. Over time, we shall add more in response to the new locations you describe.) Tip: www.GridReferenceFinder.com is a useful tool for getting grid references. Read more about how locations and grid references are compiled.
- Species not listed: Select "Unlisted" (type "unl" to find this) in the 'Species' dropdown list and state species name in the 'Details' field.
- Species asterisk*: An asterisk is shown after the names of scarce and rare species/sub-species for which a written description is required by the Manx Bird Records Committee.
- Rare/scarce breeding birds: Please submit these but note that records of 'sensitive' breeding birds during the nesting season will not be published in the noticeboard. Find out which species are sensitive and when.
- Sensitive records: (e.g. in a private location) Tick the 'Do not display record on noticeboard' checkbox to ensure confidentiality.
- Feedback: Queries? Suggestions? Errors? Corrections? Want a new location added? Please email 'observations[at]manxbirdlife[dot]im'. Thank you.
Bold Consultancy Ltd, Isle of Man, Tesco Bags of Help, Garry Curtis, David Dunn, Natalie Garrett, Wendy Gawne, Pete Hadfield, Anne Kaye, Chris Lo Bao, Allen Moore, Richard Norris, Carolyn Rawson, Richard Selman, Jenny Shanley, Chris Sharpe, Michelle Storton, Janet Thompson, John Thorpe, David Wright.