New and former students most welcome.
Join us on this course aimed at beginners and those with limited experience.
We’ll show you the basics of how to best observe birds, share hints and tips on how to recognize the main groups of birds and give you recommendations on which equipment and books to use. Throughout the course you’ll get to know like-minded people with whom you’ll be able to share your interest and develop your knowledge further.
Tim Earl will be the course leader, starting on Thursday 1st October. The programme comprises three evening classroom-based sessions (7.00-9.00pm approx.) and three weekend morning outdoor sessions at Manx hot spots for birdwatching. (Please note that field trips are subject to weather conditions so some flexibility is required.)
- Thu 1st October 7.00pm eve class, Braaid Hall, Foxdale Road, Marown
- Sun 4th October 8.00am field trip – time and location to be decided
- Thu 8th October 7.00pm eve class, Braaid Hall, Foxdale Road, Marown
- Sun 11th October field trip – time and location to be decided
- Thu 15th October 7.00pm eve class, Braaid Hall, Foxdale Road, Marown
- Sun 18th October 8.00am field trip – time and location to be decided
The course fee is £35.00 per person (including all classes and field trips). Proceeds will go to Manx BirdLife’s conservation work. Places are strictly limited so please book early to avoid disappointment!
To book your place(s)
Please complete the booking form and return with your payment to:
Janet Thompson, MOS Secretary, Cott ny Greiney, Beach Road, Port St Mary IM9 5NF
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course fees are payable by cheque (to Manx BirdLife) or via bank transfer to: Account Name: Manx BirdLife, Account Number: 40817279, Sort Code: 20-26-74, Reference: Bird ID Course.
For further details about the course, please call Janet Thompson on 835524 or email email@example.com.
This programme is organised by the Manx Ornithology Society in association with Manx BirdLife.