Supported by the Manx Ornithological Society, the course comprises a mix of evening classes and guided fields trips. Open to all, the course will help attendees discover the basics of how to best observe birds, share hints and tips on how to recognize the main groups of birds and receive recommendations on which equipment and books to use. Throughout the course you’ll get to know like-minded people with whom you’ll be able to share your interest and develop your knowledge further.
The course is three weeks in duration. Evening class sessions are held indoors on a Thursday, with field trips arranged for each following weekend.
- Thu 1st February 7.00pm, St. Marks School Room (next to church), St. Marks;
- Sun 4th February field trip – time and location to be decided;
- Thu 8th February 7.00pm, St. Marks School Room
- Sun 11th February field trip – time and location to be decided;
- Thu 15th February 7.00pm, St. Marks School Room, St. Marks;
- Sun 18th February field trip – time and location to be decided.
Please note that field trips are subject to weather conditions, so some flexibility is required.
How to book
Course fees are £40 per person and places are limited. Proceeds are donated to Manx BirdLife.